Choosing which Assisted Living Facility or Group Home is best for you can be a challenge. Kohll’s has determined some differences we believe are important:
- Does the facility offer multi-dose packaging over single dose packaging that provides the following benefits:
- Allows giving meds to residents more quickly, so facility staff can spend more time providing other beneficial care to the resident
- Less likely to miss giving a medication. Example: if a resident takes 6 medications in the AM, the facility staff doesn’t make the mistake of just giving 5 medications if all 6 are packaged together.
- More accurate charting that they gave resident all 6 medications
- Less likely to drop pills on the floor, since meds are packaged together and they don’t have to take one pill out at a time and place in a medication cup. Dropped pills cause added expense to residents.
- If a resident goes away from the facility for an outing with the family and medications need to go with the family, it’s easier for the family to give the medications since they are already packaged together for a specific time of day they are away from the facility.
- Excellent communication with the health care team since Kohll’s pharmacy is the medication provider for the residents.
- Excellent accessibility to medical aids, equipment and supplies since the facility works directly with Kohll’s. This ultimately helps sustain independence for the best quality of life.
Westgate Assisted Living Facility meets Kohll’s endorsement criteria plus some other benefits with Westgate are:
- They don’t use contracted staff to care for you. A vast majority of assisted living facilities use contracted outsourced staffing, making it nearly impossible to develop trust and accountability.
- Their employees know you better to better care for you because they have much more longevity of their staff. For example, their Director of Nursing, Verlynn has been at Westgate for 16 years!
- Their Management team averages nearly 6 years experience each at Westgate and 18 years in Healthcare and Senior Living.
Westgate Assisted Living solves the serious problems seniors experience as they age:
- When medications are not being taken at the proper time due to forgetfulness, confusion or other reasons, Westgate Assisted Living and Kohll’s Rx solves it.
- If meals are just too hard to prepare and nutrition suffers, Westgate Assisted Living will use their Chef-prepared and Dietitian-designed meals to solve it.
- When boredom and loneliness are overwhelming, The Wellness program and activities at Westgate are really fun, engaging, and creative.
- If keeping the house clean, doing laundry, or getting to the Doctor appointments is too much, look to Westgate to get you through.
- Just think what a great calming feeling you’ll get knowing the 24/7 care staff and two Nurses are working and available to help you or your loved-one.