Fill out this quick and easy form.
Flu Vaccine Information
The influenza virus, commonly called the flu, is a viral infection that can become severe and even deadly. Each year millions of people become infected and many develop severe complications. The annual flu vaccine is the best way to prevent this infection.
Why get an annual flu shot?
- The flu virus is present every year and is consistently included in the CDC’s list of recommended vaccinations. Vaccinations help prevent epidemics.
- The immune system’s response to vaccination gradually decreases, so a new vaccination is necessary each year
Types of flu viruses
- Influenza A – 48% protection rate with vaccine
- Influenza B – 70% protection rate with vaccine
Infections are milder in cases where vaccinated people become infected.
Types of flu vaccines
- Standard Dose – for people age 18-64 (cultivated in eggs)
- High Dose – for people age 65 and older
- Recombinant – for people age 18 and older (egg free)
- New presentation – for people age 65 and older (made with adjuvant)
- Standard – for people any age
- Intradermal – for people age 18-64
- Grown in cell culture – for people age 4 and older
Kohll’s has seven vaccination clinics in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska as well as one in Malvern, Iowa. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 402-408-1990 or email us through the form above.