The new shingles vaccination, Shingrix is now available at Kohll’s Pharmacy & Homecare. Adults who have been vaccinated with Zostavax should be revaccinated with Shingrix. Vaccinations can be received at all Kohll’s locations during regular business hours without an appointment.
- herpes zoster (shingles) affects 1/3 of U.S. population
- can develop in anyone recovering from chickenpox
- 10% – 18% of shingles victims suffer from postherpetic neuralgia, a painful complication lasting three months to several years
- recommended for adults 50 and older
- given in two doses, two months apart
- 91% effective against both shingles and postherpetic neuralgia.
- recommended for adults 60 and older
- given in one dose
- 51% effective against shingles and 67% effective against postherpetic neuralgia.