As we age, most of us prefer to stay in our home, where we raised families, built our lives, know our neighbors and enjoy the best memories. Besides staying independent longer, there can be perks to aging in place. There are a number of factors to consider when looking at home modifications.
Value of Home Modifications
Being home instead of entering senior living can be very smart for the pocketbook. Investments in home modifications making it easier to age at home are relatively minor to the long-term cost of most assisted living facilities and can increase the value of your home significantly.
The average cost of modifying your home for senior living can range from $700 to $9000, normally its under $10,000, though the cost can vary significantly based on the amenities and level of comfort and aesthetics you want. That might get you two months in most assisted living facilities.
Our Home Modification Services
Kohll's Rx's Mod Squad brings the expertise of a home remodeler and the thoughtfulness of an occupational therapist to think through all the different home modifications that can make staying at home longer more comfortable and convenient, reducing stress and concern from caregivers. A full-time team of highly experienced home modification experts with customers in Omaha, Lincoln, and western Iowa, we take on a wide variety of project types and sizes, from quick grab bar installations to full-scale home remodels. Our home modification services include:
- Flooring (carpet, tile, vinyl, etc.)
- Door and hallway widening
- Wall mount lift system installations
- Wall mount & roll-under sink installations
- ADA stool or toilet installations
- Grab Bar installations
- P.T. Rail installations
- Walk-in tubs/barrier-free shower installations
- Stairlift installations
- Wheelchair ramp installations
- Vertical platform lift installations
- Ceiling track lift installations
- Bathroom remodels
- Kitchen remodels
- Bedroom remodels
- Basement finishes
- Home additions
Safety & Convenience Modifications
- Door and window installations
- Concrete work (patios, sidewalks, driveways)
- Decks (treated wood, cedar)
View the ModSquad Home Modifications Project Gallery.